Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Too Many Zucchini

If you are like most people you have zucchini that seem to mutate into giants over-night.. I had so many one year I was using them for target practice with my .22 hehee... Here's a recipe that will make you want to use the Zukes.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
2 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate (2 oz. total)
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups of grated zucchini (salted and water squeezed out)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175 C) Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. (bread pans). Melt the unsweetened chocolate. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and melted chocolate. Mix well. Stir in the flour , baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake in oven for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making zuke bread as we speak...I've added choc chips before, but never MELTED CHOCOLATE! Wow!

On a side note...I glaze my walnuts and pecans with egg white, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and cook them ahead of time then add to the bread batter...awesome!

The bread freezes well also...we eat it all through the year.

Tomatoaddict said...

Mmmmmmmmmm I love the idea of the glazed nuts. I will do that for sure on my next batch... By looking at my zucchini crop that will be very soon hehee