Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Forcing a bulb


Ok... I've never forced bulbs before but I'm trying it for the first time. It's kind of nice to be growing something when the snow's still flying.
I'm in a little competition with a friend of mine over whose is going to bloom first. I'm glad I didn't wager anything because mine is lagging. Haha. If I remember right, mine is a Hyacinth. My friend's are Paperwhites. Wonder if I gave mine fertilizer if he'll sprint to the finish line? (snickering to myself)..

4 comments:

Julen Real said...

Hi from Spain, i read your blog since october and now I comment something. I forced a Hyacinth last year too and it growed, good luck!

Hola desde España, leo vuestro blog desde octubre y por fin me animo a comentar algo. Yo también planté un Jacinto así el año pasado y creció, buena suerte!

Tomatoaddict said...

Gracias por leer el blog!!¿Qué parte de España es usted? Viví en Puerto Rico como un niña así que yo hablo cierto Español.

Julen Real said...

Del norte, País Vasco, encontré esta página buscando información para la universidad sobre tomates, soy biólogo, de donde eres tu?

Tomatoaddict said...

Vivo en el Norte al Este de Ohio. No lejos del Lake Erie. Este año, estoy produciendo las pimientas del País Vasco de Francia y de España.Si usted quisiera continuar un correspondancde, mi email es:
TLTassone@Yahoo.com
Muy feliz de encontrarle!!