Monday, March 17, 2008


Real Mojito Mint

I will admit readily that I got this info from the Mother Earth News magazine, (great rag) So this is just a paraphrase of the info.

Mojito's are a Cuban drink consisting of Rum, Powdered sugar, lime juice, club soda and a mint unique to Cuba. Since the real Mojito mint is rare here in the U.S., Spearmint is usually substituted. Said to be the favorite drink of Ernest Hemingway.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want the real deal. I want Mojito mint.
According to the mag. article, Mojito mint is; "clearly different from most other mints. It's scent and flavor are agreeably mild and warm, not pungent or over-sweet like some mints."

Well, thanks to Richters Herbs, we can all grow Mojito mint now. They were able to obtain seed from Cuba and now offer it to gardeners.
I only post this info because I like "authenticity". Plus I like to grow things that are rare or hard to obtain. I have no connection to Richters Herbs.
There is a link to them on the side bar if you too want the real Mojito this summer.


2 comments:

Happy Jack said...

Break Out The Rum!

Tomatoaddict said...

Happy Jack is going to be HAPPY!!
Mojito central this summer.